
Birthday parties, Book club, Bible study, board meetings, and a baby shower pretty much wrap up most of January and month number 9 of my pregnancy. I continued to work full time, squeezing in doctors, dentist, and other appointments as to clear my calendar for February. My co-workers threw me a very nice baby shower and presented me with a Target gift card to ensure our baby boy didn't get all hand me downs. To help pass the time I took the kids to the children's theater and museum, arranged play dates, attended birthday parties, Sunday school, and Monster Jam. Ryan worked a lot because he front loaded his schedule to ensure that he had some time off around the baby's due date of 4 Feb.
Meanwhile, I was trying every trick in the book to have this baby in January. Being pregnant with #4 didn't make me any more patient. If anything I was more anxious for him to come out. I am not the type to savor pregnancy. Feeling him kick is cool, but waking up 6 times at night to pee is not so cool. Not to mention that I really miss wearing my regular clothes. Plus, our calendar is always full of activities and not knowing when you are having a baby can put a crimp in planning. Lets not forget the house is going on the market at the end of Feb. My personal wishes were to have some separation from Elizabeth's birthday, and I wanted Ryan to have some time with the baby before he headed off on his 10 weeks of residency rotations.
However, January 31 came and went, so did Ground Hog's Day. Now we have hit my due date and are going into overtime. We knew this would happen, I have always gone to at least 41 weeks with every baby. They just need more time to cook. Still, I was hoping just once that I could have a baby "on time" or even a little early. Oh well, it is my own fault for not scheduling an elective c-section at 39 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment