So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Wet and Wild Wedding Weekend
This past weekend, Ava and I had the honor of attending the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends. Siusan and Lee got married on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I had never been to those islands before, but I love NC beaches. This one did not disappoint. Since it is off season, it reminded me of our own quiet beach of North Topsail Island, about 200 miles south. Siusan rented a 10 bedroom beach house for friends and family to stay. It was great to have everyone at the same place and allowed for a continuous stream of festivities. Starting with dinner the night before the wedding and then rolling into small ceremony on the beach bright and early in the morning followed a pancake breakfast and BBQ lunch. The weather was great for November, and the bride and groom ended up with a day that was 65 degrees, sunny, and no wind.
Siusan and Lee were the only ones crazy enough to actually go in the water (which was about the same temperature as the air), as they did a "trash the dress" photo shoot later on their wedding day. I am sure there will be some awesome photos.
Ava had a blast over the weekend, and I enjoyed her company. She thought it was pretty special to take a trip with just mom. Elizabeth got to do a business/leisure trip with me about 18 months ago, so Ava was excited that it was her turn. Plus, she had been asking about going to the beach since the beginning of summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, what a special trip! What a great idea to spend that time with just one kid. It looks like you both had a blast.
She is so much like Danielle! I can't wait to get these girls together soon!!!! I know you will have a crazy Christmas Schedule, so let me know what is best for you.
Post a Comment