So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Thanksgiving
No pictures but lots of memories. My mom, Grammy, joined us for 5 days over the Thanksgiving Holiday. She easily adapted to our crazy life, starting off with picking the kids up early from day care and dragging them to the clinic to get their annual shots. Eight shots between the three kids, however Ava ended up with 5 of them.
On Wednesday, I convinced my mom that she would have plenty of time to visit with the kids over the next few days and that we should drop them off at daycare and have a grown-up day. We took a road trip up to the quaint town (and birth place of Admiral Nimitz) of Fredericksburg, TX to pick up some fudge, Christmas wine, and do some window shopping and lunch. I had a really nice time away from work and the kids. I think my mom enjoyed it as well.
Thursday was full of feasting. Ryan's stepmother, Gerlyn, hosted the whole family again at her place. I have to say that I have gotten off easy the past few years. I have not made a turkey, ham, pie, or other holiday dish since moving to Texas. The kids kept my mom entertained with "watch this," "come see this," "please, help with this," "read this," "come play," and so on and so forth. We were stuffed and exhausted by the end of the day.
For the first time ever, I awoke at 2am on Friday morning to partake in a Black Friday Deal. Leaving the rest of the family in bed, I put on a couple of layers of warm clothes to stand in line at the H-E-B Plus (similar to Walmart) for the next couple of hours. Other than a cold front coming through and it being 44 degrees, it wasn't too bad. I met some nice people, didn't get trampled, got a great deal on a X-mas present for the kids, and was back in bed by 4:30am.
After sleeping in for a few extra hours, I rejoined the world of the living and went with my mom and the girls to see the movie Tangled. It was a cute flick, but I was more impressed that Ava sat still for an entire movie. I don't think I have ever seen her sit still for more than 20 minutes prior to this event.
Saturday came too soon, and it was time to put my mom back on the plane. The kids were already to go with her, and I would have gladly shipped them off for a week. Perhaps in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment