Friday, November 12, 2010

Go Lizzy Go!

Today was the day of the elementary school bike rodeo. This was the day that we have been practicing for these past few months. Today was her big debut of two wheel riding in front of friends, classmates, teachers, and family. It turned out that she was just one of a few kindergartners that had shed their training wheels.
It was a competition of speed and skill. I was so proud to watch her navigate her bike through the course. I am not sure how the scoring worked or how you can score a kid on training wheels higher than a kid without, but Elizabeth won 3rd place overall out of the six or seven Kinder classes. She was just awesome, and was so excited to win a prize. I hope it sinks in that hard work and practice can really pay off.

No comments: