Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend Warrior Part II

Another weekend that Ryan was working and we were left to our own devices. At least we had T-ball. Elizabeth’s team won of course! Actually, every kid gets to bat, there are no outs, and every kid get to run around the bases, so keeping score is pointless. We only had half a team since parents were keeping their kids away for fear of catching the dreaded swine flu. Oh well, that meant more snacks and juice for Ava after the game. I think that is the only reason she likes to go to Elizabeth’s T-ball events. On Sunday, I met up with my girlfriend Cara and her son, Frankie, who were in town visiting family. We took the kids to an awesome playground with swings, slides, see-saws, merry-go-rounds, and other equipment that I had never seen before on a playground.

After awhile it got just to hot and we wandered over a Pet Expo. This expo had nothing but designer dogs, and their accessories (clothes, bags, beds, toys) for sale. Ava fell in love with a pink and black pet purse. Elizabeth opted for a little black Cockapoo. She kept saying that it would be okay with Dad because Sammy needed a friend. Somehow, I didn’t think Ryan was talking about a $400, eight pound, fuzzy puppy when he was tossing around the idea of getting a second dog. I decided it was best to leave with just my three kids and no puppy.
And what weekend isn't complete without a little face painting in the backyard. Casey opted out and I think he is cute just the way he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree. I am sure Ryan would love a very small, furry dog. You should go for it.