Two weeks ago T-Ball was canceled and Dad was working, so the rest of us headed off to create our own adventures during the weekend. First up was riding ponies. We headed down to Fort Sam Houston's stables to snag a ride. Little did I know that after paying my $5 per kid, they handed me a horse and helmet and just said say in sight of the barn, which turned out great because I was able to give each girl a 20 minute ride before another kid showed up. This was Ava's first time to ride a pony, and this pony was almost as big as a horse. She was a little intimidated at first but decided she really like it. She definitely preferred that mode of transportation better than walking beside me while I led Elizabeth around.


(Casey was in the backpack.)
On Sunday, we climbed a mountain! It was grueling challenge mixed with paved trails and deer paths, but we finally made it to the top of the 4th highest peak in Bexar County. It was quite a rewarding experience to look down from the top of the mountain and see the highway, train tracks, and an IHOP. We celebrated our accomplishment with water and gummies.


Actually, the girls did really great. I tried taking them into the wilderness about 18 months ago and it was a total and complete disaster, but I guess that is what happens to your kids when they grow up in a concrete jungle. Hopefully, the fresh air and wides spaces of TX will be good for them.

(Casey was in the backpack.)
1 comment:
Kudos to you Adventure Mom with a shout out to Princess Ava for hiking in a skirt and party shoes and to Casey for STILL putting up with that backpack!
Post a Comment