I have implemented a reward system around the house to encourage good behavior, teach money management, and other valuable skills such as take care of your prize possessions. The kids can earn a quarter a good day for good behavior and participation in normal chores. I do hand out some nickles and dimes for things that are above and beyond my standard expectations. They can also lose quarters for particularly bad behavior. At the end of the week, I take the kids to the dollar store if they wish to spend their riches. They can also spend any other money that they find or have from other sources like the tooth fairy.
Last week, Casey brought home a helicopter which he broke and lost the next day. Elizabeth got candy and a snake that grows in water. Ava got a red curly hair piece. After a 4 year search, I finally found cactus Margarita glasses, and they were only $1. Awesome!
This week, Casey was adamant that he wanted a motorcycle. Ava got flower necklaces and a soda. Elizabeth got some candy to share with her friend Taylor at a play date, and she picked out two toys to give to friends at school.
Ryan- They still had steaks for $1. I forgot to bring my camera, but I did check them out. If you like your meat brown instead of red, then they are a great deal.
1 comment:
It makes me miss them.
I'm glad to see Lizzy is thinking of others. That's usually an Ava trait. The cactus glasses take away a potential gift for you. I've also been looking for those for awhile.
Post a Comment