So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Monday, September 5, 2011
Labor Day
After Ryan watched the kids all week, I thought I would give him a break for the weekend, so the kids and I took off for a long weekend at the beach. Actually, Ryan just wasn't allowed to leave Fayetteville. The family time would have been nice, but we didn't want to pass up a nice weekend at the beach, since we won't be going down again until the end of October.
Gabe spent most of his days, snoozing on the beach. I wish I could have joined him, but someone had to keep a watchful eye on the other kids.
The beach didn't disappoint. We were out from sun up to sun down every day. The kids played individually as well as together, and even met some old and new friends.
On Saturday night, we headed across the street to the local Tiki Bar for some free hot dogs and music. The kids then proceeded to steal all the bean bags from some folks playing corn hole.
P.S. We had breakfast the last morning at the pier. While we were strolling out over the water, the kids managed to guilt two fishermen into letting them throw their catches back into the water. The kids have no problem eating fish, but they were a bit concerned about the fish flopping around on the deck gasping for breath. Lizzy was the only one brave enough to pick up the fish and toss them back, but they all felt better about letting the fish live another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment