Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch or Fair Grounds

It is October, so you take your kids to the Pumpkin Patch. Right? However, I am not even sure they grow pumpkins in Texas. Funny thing is that the Pumpkin Patch was at a Christmas Tree farm about an hour outside of San Antonio. We saw no patch, just pre-picked pumpkins set out for sale, but they had lots of activities for the kids to do. Which is good because they charge $8 per person to visit. I am really glad that I had a coupon for half off and two free ice cream cones, otherwise it would have been a very expensive day out for a family of five.
Elizabeth started with "dress a scarecrow."
We moved onto a little fishing. Ava was the only one who caught anything.
The kids also did some bike races, took a tractor ride through the Christmas tree farm, ran throught the hay maze, and checked out the farm animals.
Some relief from the heat. So much for fall weather, I think it was about 90 degrees.
The kids had a blast and wanted to stay twice as long as we did, but it was super hot and we had to get Ryan home to work that night.
P.S. We did get a little family of mini-pumpkins.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great pictures! I love that Liz still wears her WhoDey jersey...people around here are starting not to.