Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Well, I let the kids pick out their costumes this year. The only rule was that they had to lock in their choices two weeks out. Still I procrastinated and didn't start sewing until the week of Halloween.
Casey might have gotten a little short changed. All I made him was the vest, everything else was part of is every day wardrobe. Yes, even the hat. He likes to wear it to school daily.
After paging through the Wish Craft catalog, Elizabeth narrowed her choices down to vampire or rock star. I am kind of glad she went with rock star. I enjoyed sewing it, and she completely rocked her costume. However, she keeps asking me when she can wear it to school. I don't think so, honey. Well, maybe just the jacket...it is reversible.
Ava's inspiration was the cupcake costume in the Pottery Barn catalog, but there is no way I am spending $60 on a costume. Materials only ran me a few bucks, but it did cost me three nights of limited sleep. This is my favorite costume this year, and I think Ava looks super sweet.

No comments: