
This is the part where I get to brag about how wonderfully brilliant my kid is. Elizabeth and the other kids switched daycare centers last August. She was pretty bored in the 4 year old classroom. The center director told me she would waive the age cut off and let her move up into their private Kindergarten class. I thought it was a great idea. From 8:30 to 2:30 everyday, she and her 9 classmates when across the hall to room E for Kindergarten. Ms. Espinosa was a great teacher, adored by all the kids, but she worked them hard throughout the year. They even had to take a national standardized test, which of course Elizabeth rocked! Now, if she could just display a bit more common sense she would be all set.

Elizabeth picked up three awards:
P.S. Due to a February birthday, Elizabeth will be doing Kindergarten again this year at the local elementary school, but I really hope this past year of prep work set her up well and that she will find school enjoyable and rewarding.
No comments:
Post a Comment