So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Good Byes are tough
I had a great opportunity come up with the Marine Corps Reserves. They offered me a position with Marine Forces Europe where I will travel to Europe once or twice a year in support of different training exercises for the next 3-4 years. I am not sure there are many people who wouldn't seriously consider the opportunity for an all expense paid trip to Europe, plus a salary for a few weeks.
I did miss the adventure and brotherhood aspects of the Marine Corps, and I felt this was a great way for me to be involved without impacting family or work too much. So I signed all the paperwork, got some shots, took some classes, hired a nanny, and put in for a leave of absence at work.
Still it was tough to say goodbye to Ryan and the kids at the airport. I knew I was only going to be gone 4 weeks, but that was 3 weeks longer than I had ever been away from them before. I know Ryan is an absolutely wonderful father, but I still didn't like the fact that I was going to miss all the little moments in the kids lives, I would have limited control over things while I would be away, and I didn't get to Ryan with me on this great trip. Elizabeth was the toughest to say goodbye too because she started crying also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that sounds so hard- I don't know if I would be able to do it. Of course, this is coming from someone who has been away from her kids for a grand total of ONE night in 3 years. Ha, ha, ha!
Hope you had a great adventure in Europe.
What a great opportunity but definitely a difficult one. I'm sure Ryan and the kids missed you, too. Would love to see photos of your adventures! Can't believe how much older the kids look since Easter, too. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment