We traveled east over the holidays, so that we could welcome in the New Year an hour earlier. Actually, I just wanted to visit with friends and family. I gave Ryan the option to stay home with all the kids while I went by myself or travel as a family. He weighed his options and choose the latter. I guess he realized that staying home alone with three kids would be more stressful than airport security and family dinners.
We really had a fun time, or at least I really had a good time and I think the kids enjoyed themselves as well. Well...except for Casey who hates the cold (born in NC, then moved to TX @ 1 month old) and caught some virus. Ryan even got to attend wrestling practice with the team he coached while he was in medical school.
The first stop on our journey was my best friend's house to see Crystal, Jon and their two girls Dani and Joey. The girls had a great time playing together, even outside in the freezing temperatures. Elizabeth loved the snow and had to play in every little pile she could find. Casey just shivered in my arms, despite having on multiple layers and hand warmer shoved in his pants' pockets. Ava's favorite part was the hot chocolate. I just loved seeing all four girls play so well together. It was super cute at bed time with Dani and Joey sharing the top bunk, Ava and Lizzy sharing the bottom, and all 4 girls talking and giggling.


The second stage of the trip was a quick visit with my Dad's side of the family in Pennsylvania. We got to spend time with Oma and Opa, my two uncles, my dad, brother and cousin. It was great to catch everyone in one place for a family reunion. The only folks we were missing were my cousin Liana (in New Mexico), and sister (in Germany). Everyone took lots of pictures, except for me. Consider this post a reminder to please email the pictures so that I can insert them HERE ->.
After our quick jaunt to PA, we headed back inside the beltway to spend our last two nights with Ryan's brother, Andrew and family. The girls were enamored with cousin Milo and new cousin Oliver. Check out this link (Crumb Bums) for pictures from our visit. While we didn't make it to midnight on the 31st, we did celebrate on the 1st with French Toast and mimosas.
After our quick jaunt to PA, we headed back inside the beltway to spend our last two nights with Ryan's brother, Andrew and family. The girls were enamored with cousin Milo and new cousin Oliver. Check out this link (Crumb Bums) for pictures from our visit. While we didn't make it to midnight on the 31st, we did celebrate on the 1st with French Toast and mimosas.
No comments:
Post a Comment