Monday, September 28, 2009

Cute but Infuriating

Yesterday, we went over to Gram's house to go swimming and celebrate her birthday. After the kids polished off a dinner of chips and cake (I did try to get them to eat real food), I figured I better take them home before things really got wild. I got everyone home and in bed just after 8pm. This is already an hour past their normal bedtime. The house was quiet and I moved onto laundry, trash, and pulling some things together in the garage for donation. After chatting with my neighbors outside, I came back in at 9pm to greet two little girls in the hallway. In synchronized sing-song voices, they recited "Mom, can we wake up now?" It was almost like they had been in their room rehearsing this for the last hour. It was pretty cute, but highly infuriating since it was now two hours past their bedtime and they still were not asleep. However, they were looking pretty cute alsleep in the same bed when I checked on them later.

1 comment:

Lauren Knight said...

I love it! And I'm impressed that you get them all in bed at 7pm every night. We're lucky if Milo goes down at 8, and Oliver generally screams until about 10. Maybe that's why we're tired...

I can picture them asleep in the same bed. I can't wait for that closeness between Milo and Oliver. So cute!