Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

Ryan had to work all of the holiday weekend, so the kids and I had a get together with our own friends. I made plans with my friend Christen, whose husband is an ER doctor currently serving in Iraq. When I think I have it rough, I just think of her trying to juggle three kids (Jenna 5, Ben 4, Ryan 2) by herself for 6 months. Elizabeth and Ben play on the same T-ball team, and the rest of our kids get along extremely well. Therefore, we had our own celebration at Christen's house with hot dogs, cake, and pool time (plus beer for the grown-ups). No fireworks, due to drought conditions here in San Antonio. It was a good afternoon, never as relaxed as you would hope it to be, but then again we were trying to referee 6 kids.

1 comment:

WAK4 said...

dear lord. I just got chest pain by reading that.