So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Social Butterfly
Where as Ava keeps a bit more to herself, Elizabeth is quite the social butterfly. If you ask Elizabeth who her friends are she will rattle off at least a dozen kids she knows from daycare and playgroups. If you ask Ava her her friends are she will respond Casey and Sissy (even though the girls fight like cats and dogs quite often). Ava still has no real inclination to widen her peer social network and can't name any of the kids in her class, but she is fond of her teachers and knows their names. However, Elizabeth has informed me that Ava has a friend named Sara. I haven't been able to confirm this rumor yet.
As for Elizabeth, she has been in daycare less than a month, and she has received 5 birthday invitations. Two weeks ago it was roller skating with Mandy. This past weekend was a bouncy house place for Ignacio's party, as well as party for Rylee (Ryan's stepbrother's daughter). Next weekend is filled with parties on both Saturday and Sunday again. Lets not to forget to mention that Elizabeth has her own birthday party coming up in less than a month. I don't think I can stand anymore cake, but the girls are still going strong.
The girls think home and school are pretty boring. They still get excited to go to the grocery store, but it is really a special treat for them to go to the birthday parties. I like to make the weekends fun and exciting for them, since now their weeks are relatively routine compared to when I was staying home.
On a side note, Elizabeth blurted out her first bad word this weekend. At Rylee's party, her mother was running about snapping pictures. Ryan makes it a point not to smile for pictures, and wasn't about to cave for his sister-in-law, Cyndy. Cyndy's response to his pouty face was, "Smile dammit," which Elizabeth promptly parroted. Cyndy was a ahgast and promtly apologized and gave Elizabeth a lesson on language. Ryan and I were still too busy laughing.
Check back next week for more birthday antics. I think Elizabeth needs to survive another princess party, but at least this one involves a bouncy castle and a treasure hunt...much cooler than a tea party. Ava is all about princesses and the colors pink and purple, so she is really looking forward to it. Elizabeth can't quite understand why some girls aren't as excited as she is about pirates and Spiderman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment