So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Friday, October 24, 2008
House of Death
I apologize for being delinquent in posting lately. A few of days after my last post, we were inundated with some sort of stomach virus. It first hit on Wednesday night when we were out celebrating Nana's (Ryan's Grandmother on his dad's side) 90th birthday at the Olive Garden with some a bunch of the family. Elizabeth told me that her stomach hurt and that she was going to throw up. My first mistake was to try and move her. Since we were both pinned behind the table with a wall and chairs blocking our escape when she blew, she ended up with vomit from head to toe, and my entire left shoulder was decimated.
Typically, we would have called it a night there, but since it was a fairly large family affair Lizzy and I headed off to the bathroom to try to clean ourselves up. When we re-emerged Lizzy was wearing Casey's burp cloth like a toga, and I had a wet, smelly shirt from rinsing it out in the sink. My second mistake was letting her try a little milk and water to calm her stomach. Nope, that didn't work, and she wiped out her toga. Outfit number three was Casey's onesie, which looked kind of like a shirt dress on her. We survived the evening, but not without Elizabeth filling up a bread basket and a salad bowl with vomit, and puking in her car seat on the way home. The rest of the night wasn't much better.
By Friday, Elizabeth was feeling a good percentage better, but Ava and I weren't feeling so hot. Poor little Ava threw up while she was taking a nap, and was too tired and sick to move or let us know until she woke up 3 hours later. I took the approach that if I didn't eat I wouldn't throw up. I didn't throw up, but after fasting for almost 3 full days I could barely see straight.
Ryan made it until late Friday night before falling ill, but still managed to crawl out of bed on Saturday and Sunday to work in the Emergency Department, where he couldn't help but be frustrated at his patients because he was sicker than 60% of them.
By the early part of last week the worse was over, and I scrubbed the house from top to bottom. I thought we had banished the bug, but it sounds like we were still walking time bombs and managed to spread our TX bug to Ohio to our loved ones during out vacation this past week.
Sorry!!!
Well, these next few post will bring you up to speed on some more pleasant subjects like our vacation adventures, and the kid's milestones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No harm, no foul. But paybacks are hell!
xoxo,
Annie and Reina (and Hermes, apparently. But that's another story.)
Oh, man! What a bummer. I dread the first stomach virus Milo gets. I am not a fan of vomit. But, of course, who is?
At least the little Casey man didn't get sick!
Post a Comment