Thursday, October 2, 2008

General Updates (and Bragging)

Flashback, here are the girls exactly 2 years ago!
Now for the updates.
First, here is Ava modeling a hand made dress (now shirt) from her Oma. Since turning two, Ava has acquired impeccable fashion sense and takes great care in picking out a perfectly color coordinated outfit each day with any help from mom or dad. She will even pick out matching shoes. Her vocabulary has also increased dramatically, and she was almost giddy when she declared, "Mommy, my purple shoes." She besides talking about her purple shoes and pink blanket, she will also frequently ask for cookies and milk. It is awesome to watch her embrace toddlerhood. However, I could do without the tantrums. I think her nursery school class has been good for her, I have found her attention span increasing as well as making her more outgoing and loving. She is also excelling in her gymnastics class and can do a perfect forward roll on flat ground, and today she mastered a forward flip on the high bar without assistance. Ava is gorgeous when she smiles. However, don't let that beautiful smile fool you, she is just as stubborn and independent as ever. Elizabeth on the other hand, doesn't show the same interest in fashion that Ava does. But don't let her pink pants and red pirate t-shirt fool you. This girl can run a mile in 6 minutes flat. Okay, I might be exaggerating just a little bit, but this girl is fast. She says that she can run like Spiderman, and fly like Batman, and she loves to Rock'n Roll. Below is she rocking out with her Elmo guitar that we found a flea market, she says she is ready for and "upgrade," because her current guitar is for little girls. Lizzy is at a tough age right now, she no longer wants to be a toddler but isn't quite at the pre-K/Kindergarten age range yet . Just like she is ready to wear sweaters and raincoats, but it is still 90 degrees and sunny here. She is protesting nap time, but I still make her lay down in her room for 2 hours while Casey and Ava sleep. She asks "Why" about everything, and has stared talking back when you ask her to do something. She is starting to act like she is all grown up and can make her own decisions, and she is a challenge to keep in line sometimes. When we aren't giving her the attention she wants she will copy Ava's or Casey's behavior good or bad. Other times she is a great big sister and mother's helper, and it makes me so proud to see her set such a good example around the house and in public. Each girl is unique and at a different milestones. I love them both dearly, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can all survive the next 16 years without too many battle scars. And I am sure you are all wondering how poor little Casey is, so I promises the next entry will be all about him.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Great pictures and I love the new background! We miss you guys and Reina can't wait to play with the kids in a couple weeks. And, by the way, no chance she'll beat Ava in the potty training, she just likes to sit there while we wait for the bath water to warm up!

Kay said...

My how the girls have grown, even since I saw them in May. Sam misses his cousins and still saves a seat for Lizzy. I think the two of them would run us ragged if they spent too much time together though, especially since Sam has been challenging my authoriy since he was a new 2 -- be happy Lizzy has waited this long.

jkhovan said...

Kristin-
I think I have this technology thing down now..... I figured out how to log in finally. Conner and Caley miss your kids, Conner asks when we get to go to Ava's house.


As for development, they are going through the exact same issues..... Caley is the queen of tantrums and she has taught Conner how to do them now too.... There's days (and I am sure you know what I mean) when you say how cute only to follow ten minutes later with what are you two thinking!!!!!!

I will try to work on setting up our web spot and see if I can get the eyeball camera figured out so the kids can talk......