Monday, March 31, 2008

Over the Hill

It is official as of March 19th, I am now 30 years old! Since Ryan is 13 months younger than me, he is always looking forward to an opportunity to rub his "youth" in my face. Despite the fact that we were very busy with getting the house ready for sale, traveling, and work, we took a short break to go out to dinner and celebrate this milestone.
Now that I am....

(The candle also played music.) The girls and Ryan made me a beautiful cake.

But I thought we might have to call the fire department.
Personally, I wanted to postpone my birthday for 6 months to a year. Not because I was afraid of turning 30, but rather because I wanted to be able to really CELEBRATE!!! I would have loved to take a long weekend and fly to some tropical resort and lie on the beach with a drink with a little umbrella in it, instead of painting my kitchen, 9 months pregnant. But I am glad, my family gave me small but great birthday celebration.

No comments: