Friday, April 11, 2014

I can't believe he is 6!

 To me, Casey is perpetually frozen in my mind as an adorable little 3 year old. Now here he is double that, and it is his little brother who is three.

Birthday activities started one day prior with a school field trip to Honeycutt Park.  I thought he would cling to Gabe, but he was off an about playing soccer, baseball, and hulu hoops with friends. He barely sat still for lunch.  I was able to grab his attention when I brought out the cupcakes. His class sang him a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday, then they scarfed down their cupcakes, and were off to play again.

 On his actually birthday, I think he had cake with every meal.  His special request was coffee cake, so that made an appearance for both breakfast and in his lunch box.  After school, he ate a left over cupcake, and then he had cake and a cupcake at another friend's party that evening. Talk about sugar overload.

Super excited about a new hat and watch
Even more excited about a shooting plane from his god parents.  It almost killed him to wait 5 days to open the box.
We just did a family outing for his birthday. He picked Chuck E. Cheese. The kids enjoyed all the games, and then cashing their tickets in for prizes at the end.  We wrapped up the evening by attending a roller skating birthday party for Lexie and Leah. Casey declared it a great day, and can't wait for his next birthday.

No comments: