 |
| Cookie and the kids |
I couldn't think of anything more All American than baseball for a 4th of July celebration. Technically it is the 3rd of July, but with the 4th on a Wednesday and work the next day the 3rd was a better day to stay up late.
We met up with a bunch of the kids' school friends to enjoy a Swampdogs game. The kids had a great time minus Gabe. I forgot how poorly he does when you keep him out past his bedtime. He pretty much cried for 8 innings straight before falling asleep. Only to wake up when the fireworks started, but surprisingly he loved those. He pointed, clapped, and babbled through the whole show. Go figure.
 |
| Casey, Lexie, Anika, Ava, Elizabeth |
The kids declared it the best baseball game ever, and can't wait to go again. The Swampdogs won 3 to 1 over the Copperheads, but I think it was the cotton candy, fireworks, running on the field, and friends that made it so good, not actually the baseball. However, Elizabeth did get a bunch of autographs on her baseball glove.
No comments:
Post a Comment