I swear I didn't book the tickets, I just made the best of the situation. The Marine Corps Reserves uses a travel agency that is known for coming up with the most complex, idiotic, and inconvenient travel itineraries. While is it completely possible to fly from Romania back to North Carolina in one day, they had me spend the night in Munich, Germany. My layover just happened to coincide with the last weekend of Oktoberfest, and my sister happens to live in Germany an 1 ½ away from Munich. So I told her to get her butt in the car and drive down to visit with me. She brought the dirndls and mastery of the German language and off we went to the mother of all beer fests. There we finagled our way into a beer tent, made some new friends so that we could find a table, and enjoyed and evening of big beers, giant pretzels, and dancing on tables. One fact that I couldn't get over was that the band played more America songs, than German polka music.
No comments:
Post a Comment