So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y!
Just a private party at home with family this year, which was just fine by Casey. He was not about to share his "Happy Birthday cake" with friends. At least this year he can tell me the name of his friends. He speech has improved so much. He can even be understood on the telephone. His speech therapist said he could be discharged when we leave here. Now, if we can just get him fully potty trained.
Casey currently has a thing for Mickey Mouse and Justin Bieber. (I blame his sisters for the latter). I figured Mickey was the better option for a cake.
Not much has changed in the last year. He is a little taller a little heavier, but still a runt. Casey is still crashing into things and usually sports more than his fair share of bumps and bruises. However nothing will slow him down, he is bound and determined to keep up with his sisters. Since Elizabeth has entered Kindergarten, Casey and Ava have become best buddies. He will call for Ava first thing in the morning to let him out of his room and then curl up on the couch with her to watch cartoons. Casey is charming and delightful one minute, and destructive and obstinate the next. Most recently he destroyed his window blinds because he didn't want to take a nap. We prefer our sweet little boy, and hope that he will grow to be a good big brother over this next year.
A marble run was his birthday gift this year, which all the kids are enjoying. I figure about the time they get bored with it, I will have to put it away because Gabriel will be crawling and putting everything in his mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't believe little Casey is 3! And he seems like such a character. I wish we lived closer... I think all the kids would really be enjoying each other now!
Kristin, I think kids should throw birthday parties for their mothers when it's their birthday. It's a very Asian thing. Seriously crazy awesome cake when everything is hectic. Amazing, that's what you are!
Post a Comment