Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Big Event

The nice thing about having your birthday on Valentine's Day is lots of parties and sweets. On Friday, Elizabeth had a big Valentine's Day party at school where the kids sang Happy Birthday to her and they dined on a Fruit Pizza that I made and numerous goodies that other kids brought into share. Sunday was her private party with her friends at the Little Gym. Lots of running, jumping, and just acting crazy. Since February is rodeo time here in San Antonio, her birthday cake request was a cowboy hat. After a couple of false starts, Ryan finally pulled it off but then had to depart for work, so I ended up doing the final decorating. Overall, I think it turned out pretty awesome and tasty too. P.S. Ryan did get off of work in time to make the end of Elizabeth's party. Despite Snowmagedon 2010 on the east coast, my dad (aka Grandpa) flew in for Elizabeth's special day as well. She was happy to spend time with him, playing card games, showing off every toy she owns and trick she could do. I was just happy to have an extra set of hands. This same weekend, my girlfriend went into the hospital for emergency surgery and I was watching her 9 month old and 4 year old boys in addition to my own kids. Grandpa volunteered to be the party photographer, while I wrangled kids.

No comments: