Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Backlog Blog

Wow, I can't believe that so much time has past. Life has really flown. Other than my kitchen and work calendars (which have about 10 things per day on them), I haven't taken the time to document it. I guess I will start where I left off and try and post a new update each night until I am back on track. However, I need to hurry because more big events and adventures are coming up. Where I left off was with Ryan and Houston and myself playing single mom to three. I don't recommend this to anyone for long periods of time because you will lose your mind. We had a such a fun weekend in Houston the first time, the kids and I decided to make another trip out there half way through Ryan's rotation. The weather wasn't as nice, but that didn't stop us from driving out to Galveston Island to visit the aquarium and catch a 3D sea movie. Casey was bored, Ava kept thinking the fish were going to eat her, and Elizabeth was captivated and kept reaching out to grab things. It was a great aquarium, but it was a bummer that it wasn't a good beach day. We also checked out Houston's Museum of Natural History. It was overpriced and boring. They were suppose to have a good dinosaur exhibit, but it paled in comparison to the one we saw just this past weekend here in San Antonio. At the tail end of the Houston trip, Ava came down with a virus and I got to spend the rest of the week staying home with one sick kid after another while it passed through the family. Ryan came home the following week having missed all the fun, but just in time for Elizabeth's 5th birthday. P.S. The kids want to know when the can go back to Houston, so that they can get some snacks. They now equate long car trips with gas station pit stops for potty breaks and special treats.

No comments: