Saturday, January 23, 2010

The 1st Week of Ryan Gone

Day 1: When I went to get Casey out of bed this morning, Casey greeted me by handing me his diaper, saying "HereYaGo" while standing in a puddle of pee.
Day 2: Cereal and chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Nutritious and delicious. Kids are bathed for the week and are in bed by 6:30pm because they are complaining of being tired. Day 3: Another note from school that Casey bumped his head. T-ball practice followed by dinner at McDonald's with friends. I still have not done dishes or grocery shopping this week. Supplies are running low. Day 4: Elizabeth is in tears because I forgot to reminder her about show-n-tell. Casey fell (or was pushed) off of the tree fort. Another bump added to Casey's head. I make a delicious dinner of kielbasa, noodles, and carrots. All the kids turn their noses up at it. Day 5: Finally went grocery shopping and did the dishes. First T-ball game of the winter season. Beautiful 70 degree weather and Ava was whining about being cold and wore a heavy wool coat the whole game. Elizabeth played coach pitch and got a hit. We then ran off to the girls Dance/gymnastic show. The girls performed their routines and got medals. Naps followed by bike riding, where Elizabeth took her first spill. Nothing a band-aid couldn't fix. Dinner, book reading, and bed time routine. Ah! I am done for the day.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I hear ya. Weeks without daddy are rough...sometimes survival mode is the way to go.