(Ice in the Sand/Water Table)
So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Seasons
Where has summer gone? Already I miss the warm weather, shorts, and bare feet. After only one year in Texas, I am spoiled by the mild climate. I am not sure if I can move north again. Sure we had something like 60 days over 100 degrees and all our grass died, but I rather be hot than cold any day. It is only at Christmas time that I miss a little snow.
Fall... what fall? I think we completely skipped that season this year. It may have occurred during the week of Thanksgiving. The only display of fall foliage we saw was on this "diaper" cake that the girls and I made for a co-worker of mine. However, we didn't have to spend hours raking leaves.
Out enjoying a post Turkey Day walk in Mud Creek Park, during our one week of fall weather.

Now, I can truly say that we are in the midst of a Texas winter. We had a our first freeze.
Any plant that didn't die during the drought this summer is now in shock and looks all shriveled and brown due to the cold. Leaves are finally falling off of trees, and we had to break out coats, hats, and gloves. I hope it warms up again soon. Last year, we were able to spend Christmas Day playing outside in short sleeves which was really awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment