Thursday, December 17, 2009

Growing Older

While we were out at the park enjoying the brief return of 70 degree weather, I realized that Casey was no longer 18 months. People at the playground would ask me his age, and I had to stop and think. Casey is now 20 months old and much closer to being 2 years old than every seeing one again. My baby is no longer a baby. His lack of vocabulary, small size, and blonde fuzz throws me off sometimes. I keep thinking that he is younger than he really is. However, he really is a toddler now. He can drink out of regular cup, jump with both feet in the air, and can almost keep up with his sisters. He still loves to sleep with a 2 hour nap each day and 12-14 hours at night. He is growing, thriving, and rather eat cookies than carrots.For the most part the girls are very kind and helpful with Casey. They will pick up his laundry and throw dirty diapers away for me. They will also report to me every instance that Casey finds trouble which is about every 2 minutes. Ava can't wait to wake Casey up each morning, and loves to help me put him to bed at night. Elizabeth is very considerate. She will share her snacks and toys with Casey. Both girls enjoy their one on one time with Casey and will play silly games with him to get him to laugh. Casey is very lucky to have such great big sisters. He shouldn't think it is so funny when he hits them on the head with toy frying pans or steasl their favorite blanket and runs away. It is going to be fun to watch them all grow up together.Speaking of kids getting older, I also just realized that Elizabeth is going to be FIVE in two months. I don't know where the time has gone. I remember her being 10 months old and just learning how to walk. Now, she learning how to read.As for Ava, I always think she is older than she is that is probably because she and Elizabeth do almost everything together. It seemed to take ages for her 3rd birthday to roll around, and I keep thinking that her 4th is just around the corner, not 9 months away. For the most part she is a very happy delightful girl (very stubborn though), and no worse for wear after falling on her head.

No comments: