Monday, December 21, 2009

Donner and Blitzen

To allow Ryan to sleep in preparation of a string of night shifts, I took the kids on an outing. My boss had invited us over to visit with her new baby goats. The kids had seen her bigger goats before and were quite excited for a repeat visit to see Ms Cindy and the baby goats. All the kids were so kind and gentle with the animals. Elizabeth is enthralled with all baby animals and could love on them all day. Casey was much kinder to the goats giving them hugs and kisses. This was quite different than him chasing chicks at the pumpkin patch and trying to rip their heads off. Ava was less impressed but did feed the goats. She was having more fun climbing the fence. The kids were also ecstatic that Cindy's daughters made cookies to share. I think the cookies beat out the goats for the best part of the day. In the chaos of getting the kids out of the house I forgot my camera, but Cindy was kind enough to snap a couple of pictures on her phone.

No comments: