Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped her head Mama called the doctor and the doctor said No more monkeys jumping on the bed.
Two little monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped his head Mama called the doctor and the doctor said No more monkeys jumping on the bed.
One little monkey jumping on the bed Well, she actually listened and got off the bed. No more monkeys with broken heads.

Pumpkins of the year...Go to: Transformers and Dinosaurs!

A mishmash of Halloween events.

This was the first year that I took the kids trick-or-treating. They practiced first at our neighbors' house. It took a few tries to get it right, so that we could venture around the block.

This is a transcript of Ava's dialogue with our neighbors and us. Ava: I want some candy. Richard: Where is your bag? Ava: Dad, I need a bag? (Mom procures a bag.) Ava to Richard: I have a bag. Richard: So? Ava: Can I have some candy? Richard: What do you have to say? Ava: Please. Richard: No, that isn't right. Ava to mom (on the verge of tears): He won't give me candy. Mom to Ava: You have to say Trick-or-Treat, and then thank you. Ava to Richard: Trick-or-Treating (Ava finally gets candy) Ava to Richard: Thank you! Ava to mom: Can we go to another house? Ava to the next neighbor: Trick-or-Treating (Ava gets more candy) Thank you. Ava to neighbor before leaving: You have lollipops. Neighbor: Here have some (and puts them in her bag) Ava to neighbor: Can I have this (pointing to a particular candy) Neighbor: Sure Ava: I love you! Thank you. I love you! (and runs off to join her sister on the sidewalk) Ava: Can we do another house.

A fun evening for all.

1 comment:

Lauren Knight said...

Very clever! Love Ava's take on trick-or-treating, too.