So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Motherhood Madness
For the next two weeks, Ryan is working 12 hours shifts, which leaves me playing single parent. I am not much of a basketball fan, but I have been told that zone defense never wins championships. Even when Ryan is around, we can't play man-on-man anymore, but we can still whoop up on the kids most of the time. However, when it is 3 against 1, it is an entirely different story. All I can do is pray that they go easy on me.
This past Saturday they were delightful! We played a double header of T-ball, stopped by a store so that I could exchange some clothes, and went to the library to pick out some new books. Everyone took a nap, ate all of their meals, and were in bed by 8pm.
Sunday was an entirely different story. Elizabeth gave Ava a haircut. Ava stole a lollipop from Casey, ate it right in front of him, made him cry, and then lied about it to me. No naps, no sharing, lots of whining, big messes with toys and food! I was reminded why Ava's nickname is Captain Destructo. I ended up putting them to bed without dinner before 7pm. Still they didn't all fall asleep until after 8:30pm. Arrgh!
Sometime, I am very glad that I get to escape to work on Monday. My hat is off to stay at home moms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment