Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Growth Spurts

I usually remember to feed my kids, and they seem to be getting bigger. It is either that or patterns are getting smaller. My grandmother, Oma, has been knitting for as long as I can remember. First, Christmas sweaters for me and my siblings when we were little, then an occasional shawl or sweater as we have gotten older. Now with great grand children to knit for, Oma as been whipping out blankets, hats, sweaters, and dresses faster than you can blink. It is a good thing that the children's patterns don't take her more than a few days because she has 5 great grand kids to knit for now. Her most recent package included some pieces for Elizabeth. (Which is good because then I can pass them onto Ava.) Oma just saw a Elizabeth in February, but I guess just a few months can make a big difference in a growing toddler. Elizabeth was able to wear the skirt, and fortunately Oma's gift could be shared with Ava and Casey as well. On behalf of all the kids, Elizabeth says, "Thank you Oma for the skirt, sweater and dress."
My little fashion models.

No comments: