Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Deja Vu

June's Blog seems a lot like January's. Here I am writing about gymnastics shows, new fish, and parties again.
You have already heard about the big gymnastics show, so I guess I will move onto the fish. After a six months with us, Elizabeth's fish, Saint Nicholas, went to fishy heaven. His passing inspired Ryan to finally clean the fish tank, where he managed to kill off Pinkie and Merlin III in a matter of 15 minutes by placing them in a cup of water straight from the tap. The girls were more excited than sad about the loss of their fish, so a few days later we went to the pet store to buy some replacement fish. Ava picked out the same pink fish again and named her Pinkie. Casey got a yellow tail fish, Merlin IV. Elizabeth picked a black and orange shark fish, Sharkie Fish. Elizabeth has a knack for picking out the most agressive fish. Two days later, I found Merlin IV floating in the tank without his yellow tail or fins. I put Merlin IV in a plastic baggie and took him back to the store for a faster swimming fish. Merlin V, a orange and yellow fish, lasted past his warranty period but just this week he suffered the same fate as Merlin IV. I found Merlin V under a frog statue without a tail. Elizabeth swears that it was the resin frog that killed Merlin, not Sharkie Fish. For now, I think we will stick with two fish. Pinkie is a faster swimmer and likes the top of the tank, and Sharkie hangs out around the bottom. Hopefully, they can continue to get along. Their relationship reminds me a lot of Elizabeth and Ava. Finally, what is a summer without parties. Pool parties, summer parties, birthday parties, etc. You name it, my girls have attended. They will never pass up an opportunity for sugar.

No comments: