Monday, January 12, 2009

Roller Mania

The girls are adjusting to daycare. Elizabeth still cries every morning when I drop her off, but she is making friends. On the other hand, Ava's teachers told me they were worried that Ava wasn't playing with the other kids. I told them that is just who she is. Ava marches to the beat of her own drum. Elizabeth's new best friend, Mandy, invited us to her 4th birthday party held at a local roller rink. This was the 1st time the girls got up on skates and for Ava it didn't last for more than about 3 minutes, but Elizabeth got the hang of it and had a blast hanging out with her new friend Mandy (girl in green in the videos). In fact, both girls proclaimed that it was the best birthday party ever. Ava had a blast dancing, and Casey was mesmerized by the Disco ball. Included are three videos for those of you who have the ability and inclination to further investigate our adventures at the roller rink.
The first is of Elizabeth getting the hang of her roller skates.
The second is of Ava getting her groove on. I think she went the Milo Knight School of Dance. This is a much watch video. Absolutely hilarious! (or maybe that is just her mother's opinion)
The third is of Casey chasing after the disco ball lights. I think these are the first action shots of Casey crawling that I have posted. He is really zipping along now.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Awesome! That looks like fun...can't believe Liz is almost 4! Looks like she did better than the birthday girl...

As for Ava, I like her unique combo of "the robot" and "skipping girl" with her dancing. Sweet.

Casey, he's doing great, he'll probably be skating by this time next year.

Lauren Knight said...

Ava is the best dancer I've ever seen. No, really. Those robot moves made me laugh so hard I almost peed.

Lizzie and Casey look great, too!

Lauren Knight said...

Kristin, I have to comment again. I keep coming back to that video of Ava! Oh my gosh. Hilarious.

Critter said...

Kristin, that video of Ava is so good. Priceless.

Kay said...

Kris, that was hilarious! Ava is quite the breakdancer. If you need another laugh -- I need to get a video of Sam singing "Womanizer" by Britney Spears. It's his new favorite song.