So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
If I would have only had my camera...
Miracle of miracles, I actually got Elizabeth to dress up like a princess! The girl who owns 1 pair of Batman pj's, one Batman T-shirt, 2 Spiderman T-shirts, one Spider-man basketball uniform, one Batman cape, and a Spiderman Halloween costume, actually donned a princess dress and shoes to attend a birthday party. Note, she would wear her super hero outfits everywhere if I hadn't put my foot down and said that she could only use them as pajams.
One of her friends, Lily, from school invited Elizabeth to her 4th birthday party. The theme was a princess tea party for girls only, and they were all asked to dress up as princesses. Upon first recieving the invitation, Elizabeth informed me that she was going to dress up as Spiderman and everyone else could be princesses. It took me a couple of weeks but she finally agreed to be a yellow princess (the dress belonged to Ava).
Poor Elizabeth wasn't her normal chipper self at the party and was looking pretty glum until she found some binoculars with an attached flashlight in Lily's brother's room. She then proceeded to shut herself in the bathroom with all the lights out so she could try out the binoculars. I think those binoculars and cake and ice cream were the best part of the party, because she wasn't to into decorating princess crowns with stickers or eating finger sandwiches. In fact, there were even tears because she thought I had left her there.
Anyway, she survived the birthday party, and she is still good friends with Lily. They just have different interests. On the other hand, Elizabeth is really looking forward to her friend Rich's birthday party next weekend, since it is a sport's party and she can wear her football jersey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome. I heard about the pirate eye patch at Thanksgiving, too. Looks like a tomboy in the making if there ever was one!
A girl after my own heart... never much of a girly girl either. Hang in there, Lizzy!
Atta Girl!
Post a Comment