Friday, October 24, 2008

Cousin Camp

God Bless Grandparents! I can remember when I was little spending a week at a time at Grandmother's and Granddaddy's house in New Jersey, and Oma's and Opa's farm in Pennsylvania, while my parents vacationed. I have nothing but fantastic memories of French Toast, Hawaiian Punch Soup, hours in the hot tub or pond, riding bikes, and having numerous other adventures. Gina-mom and Michael-dad have been the first of the grand parents brave enough to host cousin camp. I think this might because they still have "Uncle Austin" and "Aunt Katie" in the house to help entertain. They have graciously hosted first Elizabeth, then both girls, and now all three of our brood, and at times have taken in other another grand kid or two for a day or a night, so that us parents could get a away for a few days. Obviously, I don't have a lot of pictures of the fun that they had, since Ryan and I were down at Mammoth Caves, KY for a long weekend, but I hear there were soccer games, air plane rides, 4 wheelers, pumpkin patches, hay rides, and lots of time on the trampoline. You might want to check out Annie's blog entry for some pictures of their adventures over their weekend. All were alive and well when we were reunited with them, and now that we are back in TX they just want to know when they can visit again. However, I am a bit concerned about Elizabeth's passion for Spiderman. I heard that she wore the costume (with the face mask) non stop all weekend to include meals, an airplane rides, and jumping on the trampoline. She did have to take it off for church.

1 comment:

Lauren Knight said...

Maybe Lizzy's "spidey sense" will come in handy around the house...

Casey's about to cry, or Ava has fallen in her pretty shoes!

Milo wishes he could have been there. Miss you guys.