My father is in town this week for a visit with us and a vacation with his friend. It is good to see him, and important to us for the kids to have some great memories of their grandparents and great grandparents. For my dad, his special activity with the kids is taking them to the zoo, which he had previously done in DC and is now continuing in Texas. He braved to zoo alone with the two girls back in DC, but I came along with Casey and lots of snacks in tow this time.
This was our second trip to the zoo, and as I mentioned in a previous post
Lions, Tigers, and Bears, the San Antonio Zoo seems to have lots of birds. This time around, I got some great shots of the girls feeding the parrots (but none of the girls playing with the goats b/c I was trying to keep the goats from eating my skirt and jumping on me).

Note that Lizzy has a parrot perched on her head, which she thought was pretty cool until it started digging its claws into her scalp, which then led to a round of tears.
And the ducks.
And checking out a bald eagle (hiding in the bushes).

Swinging on the rope was fun also.
A great part about the zoo is there "Under 5 Discovery Area." We took a brief spin through it last trip, but had more time to stay and play this visit.
There activities included "fishing." Right up there with baseball as America's favorite pastimes.

Pretending to be a Prairie Dog.

Going to the "beach." (Isn't she a spitting image of Ryan)

Taking a break at their "house."
As for Casey, he had a good time from the beginning...

...to the end.

Lizzy wants to go back to the zoo again, but tomorrow, we are off to check out Natural Bridge Caverns. However, due to lighting conditions I am not betting on too many photo ops.
2 comments:
I just realized all of our kids are often pictured semi-dressed. I mean a lot. I hope this doesn't become a problem...
Wish we could see you guys this weekend, too!
I second that! I am so bummed that the Bum can't boop Casey. He's been practicing.
All the pictures are fantastic. It looks like you guys are having a blast! What great memories for the girls. And Casey! What happened to that little squirt? Dare I say he looks quite... chubby? :)
Post a Comment