Tuesday was the girls 1st day of pre-school at Madison Hills Baptist Church. They will go Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 2pm.

Both were very excited to attend, as we have been prepping for this day for a couple of weeks now. They decorated their lunch boxes with stickers and got to pack a juice box (which they never get) and gummies (Spiderman for Liz and Strawberry Shortcake for Ava) along with their fruit and sandwiches. I also took the girls to the fabric store so they could pick out a special print for their blankets and pillows for their rest period. Ava went with ladybugs, and Elizabeth picked out guitars. This was all in the hope that they would adjust well to school. I put them in daycare a few times when we were in North Carolina back in April and they were in tears every morning when I dropped them off.


There were no tears upon drop-off. Yeah!!! Ava was just bit confused on why she couldn't stay with Lizzy, but they had a nice reunion on the playground later that day.

No tears from the moms either. Most had made big plans to celebrate their few hours of freedom. Casey and I went to the gym and then out to the Olive Garden for lunch with one of my girlfriends. It was a very nice feeling to only have one kid, and I think Casey enjoyed being the only child, even if it only lasted for a few hours. I am not sure what we are going to do when summer comes around again.
Okay, got to run and pick the girls up from their 2nd day of school and then head over to the pool to wear them out before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment