Thursday, July 24, 2008

The more we get together...

...the happier we will be. Over the last week we have been making new friends and hanging out with some old friends. Since I am a stay at home mom right now I have started going to the weekly military playgroups, and introducing myself to random moms that I meet on the neighborhood streets. We are lucky to have a young family right next door to us with a 7 month old girl. They invited us to dinner at their house earlier this week and I think my girls traumatized their poor little baby. We also have neighbors behind us with a 3 year old boy and a new baby girl. So my goal is to finish pulling our house together and host my own playgroup next week. On a side note, one of the best things about our neighborhood is that we have a teenage girl across the street who babysits our kids. She is absolutely wonderful and the kids adore her.
Liz and Ava with a new friend at playgroup we attended with other military doctor's wives.
We also joined a gym less than a mile than our house with a great outdoor pool and childcare. There are lots of moms for me to meet, and plenty of new little friends for the kids to make. Almost every day we head over to the gym for me to workout and then we all play in the pool before coming home for lunch and naps.
Another nice perk of moving to San Antonio is that we followed some friends of ours from Washington, DC. They have two little girls (3 and 1) and live about 15 minutes from us. Over the weekend, we headed to their place for Sophia's 1st Birthday party.
Elizabeth, Elizabeth, and Ava hanging out at the birthday party. Ava and Liz: Best Friends! No matter whose house we are at or which kids around, you can always find these two hanging out together.

2 comments:

Lauren Knight said...

Thanks, now I have that Raffi song in my head...

I'm so glad you have networked so much already with other moms & kids! I knew you would! We miss you guys. Hope you continue to have a great time and meet good people.

Critter said...

Seeing the picture of Liz and Ava is so heart warming! It makes family life so much fun when the girls are best friends.